alright

keperman01

thomas....it seems like you always answer my questions .....are you the same person? well i just got a mollie ....will it help at all? i need some snails i believe but will the eat of the bottom of sand?

T

thomas712

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME RIGHT? :eek:
Got a mollie? for WHAT? Help with what?
Snails will assist in keeping the subrate clean but it depends on what type of snail you want.
You got a Mollie? For what? trying to feed the aggressives?
Thomas

keperman01

the local petland told me that a mollie would help my algae??... i take it this is incorrect.... well i have alittle green algae growing on the bottom and i think i might get nassarius snails and some scarlet hermits....do you support my choice?!?!?!.....well sorry about the stupidity
thanks Thomas

dreeves

You usually just cant toss a freshwater fish into a saline environement...Mollies can be acclimated..but it is not an instant process...scratch the mollie idea all together...
We live and learn..so therefore there is no stupidity...if someone tells you not to do it and you do it..then you possibly could be slightly stupid...

sheracr123

Well I'm not Thomas but I'm willing to help.;)
Where is your algae? The Nassarius will work on a sandbed if you have on. So will Cerith snails. Hermit crabs will work on live rock ect. Some people do not like them, but I have scarlets and have not had any problems with them. Turbos will work on your glass.
HTH
Mendee
PS How old is your tank?

T

thomas712

Sorry, your first statment about the mollie not only stumped and confused me, it made me wonder if you live in Alabama. LOL. Never mind.
Agree with Kip, look for the cause of the algea, post test scores, including salinity, temp, and photo period, nitrates, poshphates.. If you know the spectrum of your bulbs this could help as well. As stated if your tank is freshly cycled it could be a normal thing.
If your water is discolored then run fresh carbon.
The snail idea is good, as is the suggestion to read up on sandbeds.
Keep us posted and I will try not to let you spook me again.
Thomas