am i asking for trouble?

drewster

I had an impulse purchase today. I saw a long-nosed butterfly fish and it was on sale and so i bought it. The only questions I asked the LFS guy was compatibility issues with other fish. Never bothered asking him if it was compatible with a reef setup. I went home and did some research on it and found out they aren't really recommened for reef tanks. Am I screwed here? Should I see if i can return him? So far I haven't seen him pick at any corals or other fish. He seems to enjoy the tank so far.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I say if you want him, and both of you are happy, keep him! Don't overcrowd him with competitors for food, and keep his mouth and stomach occupied with other tidbits besides your reef!

drewster

Have you had one before or know of somebody to have one in a reef tank? I feed my fish either Formula 1, Formula 2, or Angelfish frozen cubes. How do I make sure certain fish get their fair share? What makes me mad is that my clownfish always gets it first and once in awhile he'll drop the cube into the anenome and then forget about it. The anenome is happy though.