Am I crazy??????????????

bigblue69

Thats a great deal, I would jump on that and like they mentioned before if you take your time and research you will be in good shape

scotts

Curl, The ONLY reason I would suggest to Dave to not hook up the chiller is the KISS principle. He is a newbie and apprehensive about the system, no reason to add extras to the sytem and confuse the issue. Once he feels comfortable with what he is doing, then he can hook up the chiller. That was what I was thinking. Although I agree with you, there are times when I need a chiller.
But you know, I just realized that Dave has a HORRIBLE avatar and makes me wonder what the heck I am doing helping out someone with such horrible taste. Well I guess it just goes to show that he needs ALL the help he can get.

sk8shorty01

I think that avatar looks pretty good. I mean come on, what looks better than a blue star shining down on the country? Being that it is "america's team" and all hehe!
Good luck if you decide to purchase that setup, it should work out fine for you. There are tons of people on here that are willing to help you out (no matter how late) so just take your time and learn as much as possible.
GO COWBOYS!!!

lion_crazz

Yep, $2000 is a great price. I spent way more than that on my first 75gallon tank and that was not even close to as loaded as this 180 of yours will be. You would be foolish not to jump at this deal if you are seriously looking to get into the hobby. You have everything you need right there.

sietedos

Originally Posted by scrapman
No way for a newbee...
Pls take one step at a time.... like most of us did... There's a lot to learn there...
Start small... learn... grow up...
Cheers/ and good luck...
I totally disagree. First off, you learn by doing. All of the reading and planning can't prepare you. Second, the better the equipment and the bigger the tank, the better your chances of keeping fish alive will be. I say go for it!

azaintcold

The answer is no, your not crazy.. Your smart! My first SW tank is a 150 gallon reef tank that is doing wonderfully. Its easy to take care of if your passionate about the hobby. Just keep up on your water changes and everything falls in place. My QT tank is the hard one to take care of. lol. The big tank nearly takes care of itself. The bigger the volume, the easier the water parameters stay in check.

If its a good deal, go for it. It will be alot of work for a first time, but easier to care for and keep the water stable as its a much larger volume of water your dealing with than say in a nano.

dave2208

Originally Posted by Scotts
Curl, The ONLY reason I would suggest to Dave to not hook up the chiller is the KISS principle. He is a newbie and apprehensive about the system, no reason to add extras to the sytem and confuse the issue. Once he feels comfortable with what he is doing, then he can hook up the chiller. That was what I was thinking. Although I agree with you, there are times when I need a chiller.
But you know, I just realized that Dave has a HORRIBLE avatar and makes me wonder what the heck I am doing helping out someone with such horrible taste. Well I guess it just goes to show that he needs ALL the help he can get.

hey scotts I'd never hold liking the steelers over your head. you must still be mad about the 95 superbowl!!
just kidding!!!!!!

sk8shorty01

Hahaha, thats great! after this year us Cowboys fans are going to have to use our other hand in order to count those Lombardi's!
I would definitely get the tank if you have the money to buy everything and not kill yourself. That is a good deal and you will enjoy it much more if it is all done correctly. Just make sure you dont rush into buying fish and all of that other stuff or you will end up speding a lot of money on fish that just die. Keep reading as well, this site is your friend and will help you out with almost any question you might have. GOOD LUCK!

dave2208

Originally Posted by sk8shorty01
Hahaha, thats great! after this year us Cowboys fans are going to have to use our other hand in order to count those Lombardi's!
I would definitely get the tank if you have the money to buy everything and not kill yourself. That is a good deal and you will enjoy it much more if it is all done correctly. Just make sure you dont rush into buying fish and all of that other stuff or you will end up speding a lot of money on fish that just die. Keep reading as well, this site is your friend and will help you out with almost any question you might have. GOOD LUCK!
thanks SK8SHORTY01!!!

scotts

Originally Posted by DAVE2208
hey scotts I'd never hold liking the steelers over your head. you must still be mad about the 95 superbowl!!
just kidding!!!!!!
Neil O'Donnel throws 2 bad passes, completley changed the game.......
Don't get me started.
So is this system set up and something that you can see?

dave2208

Neil O'Donnel throws 2 bad passes, completley changed the game.......
Don't get me started.
So is this system set up and something that you can see?

YES SYSTEM IS SET UP AND RUNNING!!

Dave.. GO FOR IT!! sounds like an awsome system...i did the same thing 2 months ago...after reading for months found a great deal on a complete 120 set up and took the plunge...the move went well and everything is thriving...youll always find plenty of help here when the need arises.good luck and enjoy

Dave.. GO FOR IT!! sounds like an awsome system..no, your NOT crazy.i did the same thing 2 months ago...after reading for months found a great deal on a complete 120 set up and took the plunge...the move went well and everything is thriving...youll always find plenty of help here when the need arises.good luck and enjoy

renogaw

definitely a sweet deal, i spent that much on my 75, and just with the rock, lights and chiller you're already ahead of the game at $2k. just don't carry the tank with water in it when you go to pick it up :)

scotts

I spent $500 just in rocks and sand for my 55, so yeah it is a good deal. Knowing it is set up makes it even better. Do a search on this forum for Move or Moving to find how to move that bad boy. Assuming you are going to get it.

dave2208

I spent $500 just in rocks and sand for my 55, so yeah it is a good deal. Knowing it is set up makes it even better. Do a search on this forum for Move or Moving to find how to move that bad boy. Assuming you are going to get it.
hey thanks scotts, i will take your advise and research best possible ways for move!!!