Am I fragging this right?

missnano

So my mom got some BEAUTIFUL Ricordea's. There was two on one rock and one decided to detach it's self, so she said i could have it. So i have it on a rock, with a net around it tied with a rubberband..... is this good? Seems to maybe be a little stressed looks like it is missing some of the bubble texture on one side of it. I posted a pic to give a better idea of what i have done.You can even see the green on on some of it, and where it seems to not have any green. Thanks guys!

geoj

Can’t see a thing other than a bag of rock

My thought on this is to bag it so it will open up in the bag but can’t flip over...
This can take a long time so I tend to give up and just put the ric in a low flow part of the tank.

missnano

So i should tighten the bag? I have done this with a Xenia and it worked well, so i am hoping to have the same luck here with the ric.

meowzer

Originally Posted by MissNano
http:///forum/post/3268880
So i should tighten the bag? I have done this with a Xenia and it worked well, so i am hoping to have the same luck here with the ric.
I kinda was thinking you need to LOOSEN the bag.....you can smush it if it's too tight.....or it can attach to the net....I had that happen...LOL.....How about a container with some rubble in it...and a lid with holes??????

missnano

hmm a container.. i have a baby food jar? I cant poke some holes in the lid? Other then that i dont have anything. I was afraid of it sticking to the net as well.

meowzer

I meant like a small clear plastic container.....I put some sand and rubble in it, and you can either put net on top....or the lid with holes
(like a feta cheese container......) 4" round....2" high.....know what I mean??

missnano

yeah, i know what you mean. I dotn have anything like that though. Odd i know. Go figure when i need something like that i cant find anything. MIght have a glad container, that is plastic, not sure if i have a small one though.

missnano

yeah nothing small, seeing i only have a 12g. Only other thing i can think of is getting a baby food jar and putting a net for the top..

trainfever

Yes the sauce container will work, so will the netting. I also used the netting trick when I frag mushrooms.

speg

usually ricordia attaches to really tiny pieces of rock/sand and you can just superglue that small piece they're attached to and put them on another rock.
Although, if there is nothing at all it's attached to then the superglue thing wont work... don't try to superglue it's foot if there isn't any rock/sand attached to it.