Am I nuts? Your thoughts

footbag

She upped her offer to $35, but I will have to wait for it. I said if she gives me $40 immediately, I will accept and leave positive feedback. She says she is a student and short on funds. I also suggested square trade. I actually think that I would do better with them. But know it involves time and paperwork.
I'm really surprised that a hobbyist with that kind of coral collection cannot come up with $50. I don't think that the threat of Neg FB is so great as she has had a few in the past. May have to start thinking of neg FB.
HMMMMMM.........
NO HEAT PACKS OR COOLER AS PAID FOR & AGREED ON. (50% DOA)
POOR PACKAGING. ZIPLOCKS AND NO COOLER OR HEAT PACKS. (1/2 DOA)
1/2 DOA MANY BROKEN(ZIPLOCKS AND NO COOLER OR HEATPACKS)WON'T MAKE GOOD
HOW MANY CHARACTERS DO i HAVE AGAIN?

footbag

Just a follow up...
1 Sent pictures to the Seller, she couldn't count the number of dead corals in the pictures. (3 and 2)
2 Offered to resolve it for $50, and would give her positive feedback.
-She said she was broke (after I payed her $180)
3. Offered resolution for $40 w/positive feedback.
-still broke
4 Offered to resolve for $35 w/positive feedback.
-She replied VERY RUDELY that she could give me $35 after I gave her positive feedback (she would have got it if she was civil)
5 Filed w/Square Trade and told her I wouldn't feel comfortable giving her positive feedback at this point.(Not worth $35)
-She replied "have fun"
I don't really care about the money, never did. It's the principal. She forgot the cooler and heatpacks. If it arrived w/them, everything could have been dead and I wouldn't care.

lovethesea

brother.....I feel your pain. As I stated earlier, I have been there with an ---- situation. Some people think they can screw people over and its OK. Then when you try to resolve they only try to wash their hands more knowing what measures you will have to take. Do it anyway, its a pain, but she will have to answer to ----, paypal, credit card companies for fraud. She will realize soon enough that $50 was probably the easy way to go. If she has that much stuff in her tank, she should take to an LFS and sell some to get the money.

footbag

If she has that much stuff in her tank, she should take to an LFS and sell some to get the money.
I agree. If she's really broke, she is in the wrong hobby.
what measures are you taking to "rescue" the mishandled coral frags?
Besides a 3 hour acclimation. Mostly for the temperature, I havent done much different then usual. I did superglue the survivors into their spots. The pocilopora which was a larger frag had its smaller of two branches recede, I was considering removing the receded area, but may just wait until all signs of shock are over.
I AM OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS!!!

footbag

I did mount and keep the dead ones, no noticable improvement.
Just left Neg Feedback(My First)"U forgot Cooler & Heatpacks, Leaky Ziplocks, Too Broke for refund? Very Rude."
She went from 97.2% to 96.9%. I'm sure she doesn't care, but it's all I can do while the case is processing. When I looked at her neg feedbacks, it seems like a few people had similar communication problems with her. Honestly, I had to read and re-read the E-mail because of her poor grammer. Hopefully, Square trade can appreciate my situation.

holloway

I wouldn't of takin the time you did to reach your decision. I would have blasted her with Negative feedback and forwarned everyone on every site to beware. This sounds like standard business proceedure for this person and I'll bet she/he is loading up another 1/2 doz . zip lock bags with "coral crumbs" she purchased/took from next to nothing at her LFS as we speak ...er type. Too bad you didn't see the writing on the wall with the previous Negative Feedback. Your a kind person and best of luck to you and your new frags. I hope they make it. Unfortunately that is my biggest pet peeve. When people are taking advantage of one another. Sorry I sound so miserable.:mad:

footbag

Just noticed the link dissapeared...(Very sorry, forgot about that rule)
Her E-bay name is SOAPINFOOL.