Am I ready for SPS?

sman

I have a 90g reef with a 26g sump/fuge, a koralia 3 and 4 plus my mag 7 return. Its blowing like crazy in there, my leathers love it, but my brain and hammer hate all the flow and I just cant make them happy. Im sure there wont be anything left of the brain in a few more weeks so I was going to take it back to the lfs and get something else but im not sure what corals LOVE the flow other than sps. And I would also like some corals that can go on/in the sandbed if at all possible.
Also I have a nova extreme 4 bulb fixture.

notsonoob

Originally Posted by sman
http:///forum/post/2821320
I have a 90g reef with a 26g sump/fuge, a koralia 3 and 4 plus my mag 7 return. Its blowing like crazy in there, my leathers love it, but my brain and hammer hate all the flow and I just cant make them happy. Im sure there wont be anything left of the brain in a few more weeks so I was going to take it back to the lfs and get something else but im not sure what corals LOVE the flow other than sps. And I would also like some corals that can go on/in the sandbed if at all possible.
Also I have a nova extreme 4 bulb fixture.
I had to move my brain around until I found a spot that it liked. It is actually tucked out of the currents.
SPS are a lot harder to maintain. You have to keep up with a lot more than softies. Coming from the mad scientist of the SPS bleaching experiment. 80 bucks later...I decided for a 3 year training sabaticle...

nycbob

with ur light, the only sps i'd considered is the monticap if placed high up. the only problem with that though is u wont see much growth or colors.

xhappyx

i run t5's on my 125gal sps tank i have 12 3ft bulbs. i get great growth and excellent color. might want to consider a wave maker of some sort . as sps generally like chaotic indirect flow. with ur lights u might be able to get monti caps and digi's but if u want to keep t5's ur gonna wanna get a few more bulbs for it for sure.