Am thinking about a Foxface Lo

anonome

My tank is currently running fallow after a major bout of ick--too many power outtages. I have remedied the power source thing, now thinking about fish. I am thinking about a Foxface Lo. I would like any comments regarding these fish--good or bad. How is there temperment, overall health--hardy? etc. Thanks in advance, you guys are the best. :happyfish :happyfish

faddn5

I have this fish and it was a very nice addition, I get alot of comments on him. He is a very peaceful fish, doesn't bother anyone. My clownfish didn't get along with him for about a week, I thought he was gonna get stabbed by one of the spines. I have had no problems at all with him, but I think there a hardy fish anyway.

grumpygils

Originally Posted by TX Reef
Is it reef safe?

I have a fox face and he is in a corner 92 with alot of coral and I have never seen a problem. He is pretty big too ~4+ inches
MC

anonome

Thanks guys!! Any other comments? :thinking: I want this fish to be the main focal fish of the tank.

felipe

I had one as well for a few weeks. He was about 1.5 inches, so a tiny one! They are hard to find in that size, at least around here ( Fla.) so I was excited.
But he was skinny, and ate pellets ( meaty kind), and not anything else, even though they are known to be vegetarians and eat nori, but mine wouldn't. He died. And I was sad.
I may get another one. Well, my point is: try to make sure the one you will get is eating at the LFS before getting him.

jester805

IMO, they are a great addition to any tank. I had one for several months before it died. It was peaceful towards other fish & inverts. Didn't bother my corals at all either.

babyb

i just picked one up yeasterday that is about 1.5" its so cute sofar it hasent touched any corals