Amy and Brandon's 55 gallon tank diary

So 6 months later, we finally have time to create a diary of our tank.
This obsession all started one late October day when we took the plunge into saltwater. We shopped and decided to go with a 55 gallon long tank and stand. I wanted smaller, but my fiance wanted bigger, so we settled for the 55 gallon.
At first we started out with 60LBS of LS, and just fake decoration which we quickly learned we desperatly need LR.
Heres the LR before it recurred and finally went into the display.

Heres our first aquascaping idea

With some great advice from scopustang and many other people we used epoxy and glue to creat this masterpiece.

The epoxy didn't hold so well, and it all came tumbling down..

So we took all the LR out and used zipties to piece it together. I didn't like it as much as the creation before, but we were able to sleep at night knowing our rockwork wasn't going to fall.
Here's what it looked like:

From then we moved a few of the rocks around and added some coral!! Still no fish, but we just love inverts!
I'm still looking for all of our pictures, but the current inhabitants are:
1 emerald crab- raffaele
1 anemone crab- Crabby Patty
1 scarlet hermit-Scarlet
2 blue legged hermits- brownie, greenie
1 starfish-Noel
1 conch
5 mexican turbos
4 Nass. snails
Coral:
1 head of frogspawn
13 orange centered zoas
2 yellow polyps
3 watermellon shrooms
4 red shrooms
Lighting:
(4) 54W t-5's with individual reflectors that we got for a steal!!!!!

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/2555789
I like your aquascaping alot..
Hows the xenia doing?
Thank you! We did minimal drilling which is always a plus!
The xenia is awesome!! I'll take pictures and post them tonight.
One stalk didn't attach to the rock like I wanted, but instead attached to the white lacey stuff we used, so we rubberbanded that to a rock in the tank.

rebelprettyboy

sweet sweet cant wait to see pics of it. Mine it still spreading like crazy frag a few stalks of it over the weekend!

tarball

amyandbrandon2;2555799 said:

So we took all the LR out and used zipties to piece it together. I didn't like it as much as the creation before, but we were able to sleep at night knowing our rockwork wasn't going to fall.

Hey, your star fish looks as if its directing traffic.
You need to add some fish for the sheriff..

Tarball;2555830 said:
Originally Posted by amyandbrandon2
http:///forum/post/2555799

Hey, your star fish looks as if its directing traffic.
You need to add some fish for the sheriff..

That is hilarious!!
I'm going to add a clown goby this weekend as my first fish and I soooo cant wait!

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/2555805
sweet sweet cant wait to see pics of it. Mine it still spreading like crazy frag a few stalks of it over the weekend!
I'll just be excited when mine get bigger than 1 inch. I think when they start growing!!
Looking at pics of xenia, I was afraid it wasn't pom pom...but I shut off all of my powerheads and filters and sure enough they started opening and closing!!!