an agressive 55..fowlr

jtoz116

well i dont know if any of you have read about me and my aiptasia problem in the reef section, well, i want to try something new....an fowlr, now i have a 55 gallon with about 55 pounds of live rock. I have alreayd have an arc eye hawkfish which i"ve had for 2 and 1/2 years and he is doing great.
so anyways i wanted to know what i can add in my tank as far as fish goes, any ideas..i wanted something different then what most people would have in a 55...(valentini puffer, fairy wrasse, etc. ect.) soo any comments would be appreciated.
p.s.-if you were wondering about my aiptasia...i got rid of most of them, or so it seems that way..it took me awhile but i think i won the battle!
JtoZ-

vanos

You can definitely have a valentini puffer in a 55g or a stars and stripes puffer. Try a Pink tail, flag tail, bursu, undulated, picasso or a niger trigger. Maybe a harlequin tusk.

aw2x3

Originally Posted by Vanos
You can definitely have a valentini puffer in a 55g or a stars and stripes puffer. Try a Pink tail, flag tail, bursu, undulated, picasso or a niger trigger. Maybe a harlequin tusk.

The only fish that would come close to working, in a tank that size, is the Valentini.
Every other fish you mentioned will grow to a length of AT LEAST 10", and certainly wouldnt work in a 55gal. tank.
Check into Basslets, Dwarf Angels, Pseudochromis or Dottybacks...there may be even a few species of Wrasse, that would work just fine for a tank your size.

dmitry

Absolutely no Triggers in a 55. Or even a 90! They get big and extremely agressive. If they don't die of stress in a tank that small, they'll kill everyone else in there once they get big enough.
A medium Wrasse, Dwarf Angel, Dwarf Puffer, Maroon or Tomato Clown. Pseudochromises don't grow that big, but are very agressive and can probably hold their own against a Lion...unless the Lion just gobbles them up whole.
I also have a PJ Cardinal in my tank; I think they're too oddly shaped to be eaten...