An Anenome is Born!!!

I missed this last time it happened---but caught it this time!!! It's not very pretty....but here's my rtba splitting into three pieces!
Old one on left---new blob on right.:D

And a couple of days later!!! It pretty much split in half---the third piece is about the size of a quarter and is hiding in the back(haven't got a good pic of it yet).:joy:

It splits about every six months or so. The stings aren't bad for me---it just kind of sticks to your skin. But to mushrooms---DEATH TOUCH!!!! The new one is going to the fish store for a trade. One is enough.

Nope, that's the 29. The 80 was freshwater. I sold it when I moved to my new place. It was too big to carry down three floors, then back up four more!

motameto

what kind of anemone is that? Its a beauty! How hardy is it, and what kind of lite do u have? sorry about all the questions. I would love to have one.

I've been told it's a Rose Bubble Tip Anenome (RTBA), but the tips of the tentacles don't bubble up like some I've seen. Maybe just a Rose Tip Anenome, then. As far as how hardy it is, I got it from a guy who had it for five years, and I've had it for about two. It survived my 'newbie' phase and has split several times. My thoughts are that's it pretty hardy---given good water quality and lighting. For lights I have 130 watts PC 50/50 (2-65 watt bulbs) and it does fine. Some think its not enough, but I really can't afford much more, and it's doing fine.

chris17

Is your tank a 29 long? You have a very nice tank from the few pictures that you posted. Do you suppliment anything to your tank?

Thanks, Chris17! Much appreciated!:joy: I think it's just a regular 29 gallon. The only sups I use is a capful of AquaCal in my weekly 5 gallon water change.
Motameto, do you in Seattle? One of these two is going to the fish store this weekend...

T

thomas712

Very nice, wish I had started with RBTA's instead of just BTA's.
Just for the record on a 29 gallon how many watts of what type of lighting do you have. I am interested in your results.
Thomas

The light is a 26" Coralife Aqualight with two 65 watt 50/50 bulbs. That gives me about 4.5 watts/gallon. I'm at work now:D , so I can't get a pic of my actual light, but let's see if I can pull one from the net...