An eel question...

cagrn

Demon,
Thanks for the links, that is what I was looking for. I looked on LA but didn't find anything on my search that night?? Thats the trouble with LA, they take stuff on/off their product lists as I have noticed over the last few months,

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by 67 Demon
But this "Ghost Ribbon Eel" is NOT my eel:
http://www.thepetstop.com/showprofil...oc=&listpage=1
Nevertheless, i initially wrote that there is limited information about this eel. Part of the reason is because of the different generic names it is classified under.
hmm it may not be a ghost ribbon but i def dont think its a ghost, and u r gonna get so busted for having links to other sites up

67 demon

How else are you supposed to reference information on a topic in question??? Nevertheless, it is not a ribbon. I originally posted pics of my own eel to help another member out in making a decision. You decided you wanted to call me out on my eel. I provided supporting evidence of pics/genereal naming characteristics from other sites ONLY for the purpose of referencing. The point wasn't to advertise another site. I think you are looking too far into things just to save face.
Better yet, if people want more info about the eel i possess, just research the genus name: Uropterygius concolor

unleashed

for the list of fish you plan on keeping with any eel is going to be a 50 /50 chance of someone getting eating this goes with all preditorial species.but id say a sfe (small) would be the best choise of eel that is readily available just keep in mind that all eels eat fish at one time or another.but if you keep them fed well the chances of them eating your other fish is greatly reduced

unleashed

cool eel charles
Originally Posted by charles_20
My peppered Morey (Siderea picta) has never eaten any of my small fish, he is now in the tank with a green chromis and a wrasse and was in the tank for 5 years with a maybe 2" clown fish, and a pepperment shrimp. And he's is about 24in long.

yimmy

Thanks for all the input...i'm not going to get an eel, i just think its putting to much at risk, because right now all of my fish are under 3in. Thanks for all the help
Jimmy