Anchor Tuskfish Whats a Good Tank Mate?

halamaya

I have a 55 Gallon tank and the only occupant is my Anchor Tusk who's about 5 inches. I recently put in three Trochus snails and they seem to be doing well. I'm hoping to put in one other fish possibly an anemone fish of some kind with a Carpet anemone. I recently moved and lost my giant Brittle Star in the move. Are there any other invertebrates that might be safe in the tank? Thanks for all the help.

halamaya

My Anchor Tusk is from Fiji and not Australia if that makes any difference in the personalty of the fish. I think he looks great though!

trigger40

well... its the truth. if you must have anouther fish look into the humu trigger or bursa trigger.

halamaya

So I just picked up an interesting fish at the pet store today. I got a Wolf Dottyback. He had a very interesting personality in the store. Hopefully I didn't make a mistake, I've never seen one of these fish before.

geridoc

The wolf dottyback is very agressive, but I expect that the anchor tuskfish can handle that. But, what are you going to do when it gets to be a foot and a half long?

halamaya

I checked into the tank size briefly before purchasing and they seem to be comfortable in a smaller tank. I have around 60 pounds of live rock now but I might add a little bit to make some more caves that he can Lunge out from. My Anchor Tusk likes to have plenty of caves to hide in also, so I will need lots of caves. I'm more worried about my Anchor Tusk he's kind of a baby. He is quite a bit larger than the Wolf eel in girth. So far they seem to be tolerating each other more or less ignoring one another.