And you thought the Hillary backers were tweaked over the Benghazi scandal

reefraff

Turns out she refused to designate the Nigerian group that killed all those people and kidnapped those girls as a terrorist group.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/hillary-dropped-ball-boko-haram-020300046--politics.html#pvGNUsK

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Did Boko Haram pose a national threat to the USA or our interests while Hillary was at the State Department? Are they international terrorists? At the time Nigeria did not want this group designated fearing that doing so would enhance their position as a radical group, be an advertisement for recruitment, etc. Truth is, the abduction is horrible, but it is Nigeria's problem (not ours). Also, they were put on the list last yr, and the girls were still abducted.

darthtang aw

I tend to agree with Beth. The result most likely would be the same. I am curious if there may have been financial reasons to keep them off the list. The IRA made the list when it was created, and they have never been a threat as terrorists except within their own nation. I don't think a terrorist group need be a threat to us to make the list...

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I think Nigeria did not want them on the list, and that was the driving force.

However, I'm sure that this will be played by the anti-Hillary factions in terms of her run for the presidency.

Benghazi and now Boko Haram.

reefraff

LOL! Nigeria has such a great history of not allowing shady financial dealings within their country why should we think they might let money influence their policies

Would it have stopped the current incident from happening? Impossible to say but John Kerry put them on the list last November. I think it is ironic how Hillary was pontificating on the issue last week.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/397639/and-you-thought-the-hillary-backers-were-tweaked-over-the-benghazi-scandal#post_3544963
LOL! Nigeria has such a great history of not allowing shady financial dealings within their country why should we think they might let money influence their policies

Would it have stopped the current incident from happening? Impossible to say but John Kerry put them on the list last November. I think it is ironic how Hillary was pontificating on the issue last week.
And what's Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, and Rand Paul's position on it? Chirp, chirp. Crickets.