Andrew's 15g nano reef feat pink spot goby/tiger pistol

andrew989

Yes i finaly got my tank this is troys older bro (by 1 min)
15 gallon 40 pounds of live sand a small piece of rock
PICS ON THE WAY
40 pound cause pistol shrimp and goby

btldreef

WOW. That is a lot of sand. I have a pistol shrimp/goby 14G tank and I only put in 20lbs of sand and thought that was a lot.
Good luck

nikesb

are u going for a deep sand bed as ur main filtration? i think you'd be better off with more live rock

andrew989

im buying more live rock but i need some money so probably this weekend ill get the rock
but its goona suck puting the live rock in beacause i need to move some sand aside then put in the rock because the pistol shrimp would dig under the rock and get crushed

fretfreak13

Are you sure it's a 15 gallon? Could you give us a pic, because I'm sure other people are wondering the same thing I am. I would imagine with THAT much sand, you would have barely any water space and rock..o_O

troy989

idk how high it is but it looks nice and its more like 3 but its for a goby anf shrimp gobys never go up

andrew989

sry bout the pics i dont realy now how to upload them troy said hed do that for me
i bought two bags of 30 pound sand
i want to buy a nova extreme slr t-5 theres a 48 watt and a 96 would the 96 be able to have sps
ill ask troy right now to post the pics

andrew989

im using a piece of crap protien skimmer
troy told me to take everything out of the filter
so rly right now all the filter is doing is giving my tank flow

nissan577

the 48 would as well be able to keep sps just gotta have it high. well i think
but no matter what t5 are great lights

nikesb

ive seen 2x24w keep the sps alive but itll brown out over time. and by high, he means in the upper 1/3 of the tank. the par levels on the sandbed are not gonna be good enough for sps if you dont have great lights and reflectors.