Anemone Advice

niger12

Sorry if I spelled it wrong. A friend of mine was taking down a tank and gave me 3 very small anemones. I don't know how to care for them and he will not be home for 2 weeks. I think he said they were 2 flower and 1 rock anemones. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
If needed I can try to post pics

T

thomas712

Just so we are clear, here is a pic of a rock/flower anemone

T

thomas712

Looks to me like you have a condy or sebae anemone. Looks more like a condy.
Try feeding it meaty foods, if you have any selcon, zoe or zoecon then I would add a couple of drops to the food as well.
What is your lighting? watts? filtration?. How long did your friend have the anemone's?
Thomas

niger12

Sorry! I said I think that is what he said they were. Can you I dentify for me. I have 130W PC, wet/dry sump, Remora skimmer, and 20# LR. He is a new friend and I don't know how long he has had them. He dropped them off with my wife early today and she did not ask any questions. Also total water volume in my system is 45 gal.

niger12

We must have been posting at the same time. Also how often should I feed. I do have Zoe and frozen meaty food. Do I need to spot feed or will they feed when I feed my fish
Thanks,

goldmar00n

yea my condy looks just like that one only bigger..these things get huge and they dont host any clowns:( ..when i feed mine i just feed when i feed my fish..the teticals just grab the food.

niger12

Thanks GoldMaroon. After the holidays I will be setting up a large tank and will tranfer them then.

thing you should have and things to use
-you should have three to six watts of bulb per gallon for good lighting
-have 50% actinic 50% normal
-water free of organic wastes
-efficient protien skimmer
-rugular water changes
-give iron supplements to make healthy
-ph of 8.2-8.4
-feed three times a week
-the food you feed it should be about the size of its mouth and no bigger
-dont use liquid foods
-good supplyof algae