anemone dead??(help Sharks)

st3

i think my carpet is dead but am not sure. it looks lioke he turned himself inside out a bit but is still green. should i take him out now or leave him??will he ruin the water??help

reeferx

Well I take it you don't think he is splitting now. Do you have a digital camera? I imagine someone could answer this for you really quick if you could throw a pic on here for everyone to see.

st3

no but whatever it is doin it dont look healthy. i touched him and he still sticks. he also still has his green in his tentacles but is putting out this white ooz that looks like it should be apart of him. the ooz also sticks to my weeds or plantlife on my lr

reeferx

Oh.Oh. If there is a lot of mucus coming off of it and it looks like it is dissolving in the water that is a bad sign st3.
I'm sorry, when you said it was splitting at the base earlier I was happy for ya cause that is how they reproduce, but this does sound like it is dying.
Anyone know a way of confirming this?

stupid_naso

I don't remember where I read this info, but some anemones split in order to survive. Correct me if I'm wrong here. Some leave the other part of the split to die, and move around to have a better living place. If you think about it, it makes sense. The bigger you are, the harder it is for you to move. And the smaller you are, the less food you need to make. That might be the reason behind it. I'm not 100% on this, but I'm sure I read it somewhere. Hope that helps.
Btw, you have two anemones now, right? One IMO is dying, what about the other one?
sebae_the_clown

predator

Unless he turning to snout he will be fine. You might want to consider movinh him. Whatever it is, something is really getting to it. Could be your lighting, water quality, a crab, a shrimp, a fish or anything in your tank. I had a emerald kill my seabae. What kind of lighting do you have?