Anemone Emergency

lesliefox

I recent purchased a long tentical anemone. The first few days it seemed to be doing great in regards to adapting to it's new home. Last night it even ate the krill that I had feed it with out problems, then this morning upon checking on it, it had moved it's location (which it hasn't done in 3 days) and I noticed that a layer of it's skin from the foot was floating in the water. Upon examing the foot, I saw white bumps, and little sacks with fluid inside of it forming. So my question is, does anyone know what this is? Is it a disease of some sort? If so, will it harm the other fish in the tank (2 clown and 1 scooter blenny)?
Thanks,
Leslie

S

slofish

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!!
Dont worry about the anemone moving for now, its just getting settled in and trying to find a spot its comfortable at. My bubble tip just moved a couple days ago after being in the same spot for 4 months. As for the spots, I dont know, but there are people on this board that probably will know.

T

therock0861

Try posting it in the disease forum they will know what to do there.

lesliefox

TheRock...
Thanks for opening my eyes to the disease forum... Me being frantic about the discovery just posted with out looking at the different forums.. Thanks once again and hopefully someone will have an answer.-leslie

T

therock0861

You are very welcome, I have been there myself but with the help of the people there my problems were taken care of and I was on my way to a healthy animal. By the way from one western New Yorker to another, Welcome to the board!:D