Anemone Feeding

hugo121175

Just one simple question, how often should I feed my anemones? I have hear once every other day, twice a week, and once a week. I feed frozen brine shrimp. I would just like a simple answer. As of now I feed twice week. They seem fine, but I would not know what to look for if they weren't doing fine anyway. Thanks for any help you can give.....

J

jesse!

IMO
I feed my sebae every other day. frozen brine cubes, frozen scallops, and frozen shrimp from the grocery store work really good just chop them up and put them in the freezer.
Make sure they are not prepared because you don't want any salt or anything ate by your anemone.
Hope this helped.
-Jesse

hugo121175

Originally Posted by JESSE!
http:///forum/post/2993426
IMO

I feed my sebae every other day. frozen brine cubes, frozen scallops, and frozen shrimp from the grocery store work really good just chop them up and put them in the freezer.
Make sure they are not prepared because you don't want any salt or anything ate by your anemone.
Hope this helped.
-Jesse

Sounds good. I didn't know you could feed them shrimp from the grocery store. That is cool. Just mince them, freeze them, and then feed them. I have been thawing out the brine shrimp and using a syringe to feed the anemones. How would I feed them the frozen store bought shrimp?

J

jesse!

What I do is, thaw out the shrimp, then hand feed the anemone.
It's somewhat a hassle but I like doing it that way.
-Jesse

hugo121175

Originally Posted by JESSE!
http:///forum/post/2993462
What I do is, thaw out the shrimp, then hand feed the anemone.
It's somewhat a hassle but I like doing it that way.
-Jesse

I'm worried about getting stung. What would I have to do to NOT get stung if I hand feed them?

hlcroghan

It is very unlikely that your anemone could sting you. they would prolly just feel sticky to you. However, a good rule whenever you deal with any poisonous stuff in your tanks to wear gloves. a lot of people use feeding tongs.

mudplayerx

To have the anemones stay the same size, feed once a week. To have them grow feed 2-3 times a week. The recommendations of using uncooked seafood is a very good one. It is the healthiest and least expensive.

jackri

I never fed my carpet anemone in the 2 years I had it -- was already huge -- and he did spit out a baby once in the process. I'm sure he got fed indirectly as I fed the tank but I sure didn't need him to grow.
Other than that IMO once a week a piece of frozen krill would suffice -- get a big block of frozen krill pretty cheap at any lfs