anemone for aquapod 12 gallon

nanokid

hey yall i was wodering if any 1 has an anemone like a Pink Tip Haitian Anemone in a 12 gallon or 24 gallon aquapod

reefdude37

I'm pretty sure it could happen but anemone's need an established reef system(about 6 months). If you have MH lights, you could probely do it. But again, I wouldnt, JMO

zanoshanox

You'll need to upgrade the metal halide lighing. The standard deluxe PC's that come with the aquapod wont meet an anemones needs.

nanokid

ok yall thank u but reefdude i do care about my fish and my aquarium and im not a bad guy and i wanna just say thanks because u r the only person that really understands me

wla1610

54W of PC will be enough for a BTA from what I've heard and experienced. You would have over 4W per Gal in a 12 gal aquapod.
This opinion is only based on being in a 12 gal tank...... and I agree it would not be easy to keep stable.

viper_930

54W of PC is far from enough lighting. 130W is still not enough with extra feedings IME. If you have 195W then I'd say it might have a chance. Anyways, IMO 12g is too small. Anemones need very stable water conditions and that's much harder to accomplish with small tanks.

reefdude37

Originally Posted by NanoKid
ok yall thank u but reefdude i do care about my fish and my aquarium and im not a bad guy and i wanna just say thanks because u r the only person that really understands me
Your Welcome

nanokid

hey what about a very small bubble tip like 1 to 2 inches and what if i put it on my highest rock were the current is strong and perfect for it and its really close to the light.

viper_930

Originally Posted by NanoKid
hey what about a very small bubble tip like 1 to 2 inches and what if i put it on my highest rock were the current is strong and perfect for it and its really close to the light.
Still not even a chance IMO. When I said a 12g is too small, I didn't mean the anemone will outgrow the tank. Smaller tanks are much harder to keep water conditions stable, and I don't mean having consistent results from test kits.
Even if you put it on the top vs. the bottom it may not stay in place either.
In the first post you asked about a 12g or 24g aquapod. Do you have the tank already? If you really want an anemone, I'd say go for the 24g aquapod and get a 150W Viper K-2 light made by JBJ to stick ontop. That'll be perfect.