anemone for my perc

oozy

so what kind of anemone can i buy for my perc?
also will my perc take to one it would not normaly?
thanks
-Oozy-

With my experience there is no golden rule with clowns and anenomes, it tends to be a hit and miss thing. But I have found that our clowns will take to a carpet type or a long tentical like a hation, It would be nice if there was a general rule for this, fish with this anenome but, this would be too easy . I still have a tomato clown that will not go to any that we have tried. Good luck. :)

npaladen

I have a maroon clown and two anenomes. A sebae and a long tentacle, it loves both of them, it just stays in one for a while and then moves onto the other one. I used to have a bubble tip anenome and it never went near it, so who knows? I would guess that getting one of the ones suggested to work with your perc would help but that it is not perfect. If you look at the info for hobbiests(sp) part of saltwaterfish.com I think they have a section that talks about the best anenomes to put with clowns, so you might try there also.
Good Luck!

set-man

Be prepared and informed about keeping an anemone if you seriously want one. They are not very easy to keep unless you have excellent water quality and strong lighting. Pick up a recent book or magazine and read about them before you buy one. Most linger around for a few months before they die.
In the past I found that sebae/ carpet anemones are inhabited by percula's. In any instance good luck... :cool: