anemone I.D.plese

cherylann

Yes that is infact what it is and is fairly hardy with the right lighting and good water parameters. They also split, so when it goes to hide and look alittle different, after checking your O2 test, it may be spillting and just let it be. But if it is walking around alot, consider wrong placement and lighting considerations.

bonerac

i've had him for a little over a week now eats good i placed him at the top of my rockwork when i got him a few days later that is the spot he has chosen for now witch is under some rocks go figure.

anonome

Looks like a bubble, however, what type of lighting? A flower likes to go into the sand with weaker lighting, and a bubble likes rockwork with strong lighting. Bubbletips bore per say into the rockwork, once they are happy will usually stay there.

btldreef

That looks like a Rock Anemone, NOT a Bubble Tip. If you look at the bubble tips and the rock anemone pics on this site, it's pretty obvious to me which you have. I have two green bubble tips in my tank and they don't look anything like what you're showing.

bonerac

Looks like a bubble, however, what type of lighting? A flower likes to go into the sand with weaker lighting, and a bubble likes rockwork with strong lighting. Bubbletips bore per say into the rockwork, once they are happy will usually stay there.
i have 2 T5HO 48" fixture with 2 lamps and 1 48"current 2x65watt 50/50
i asked the LFS again what type this was. i was told it was a bubble tip. they told me they get this type from a customer that comes in every so often with a couple of split from a lager one that he has at home. either way i do like the colors so as for his ID i think ill call him a rock bubble

thanks for all the input what other types of corals could i keep with these lights. thanks again

spanko

I for one would like to see a closer picture of it. If your camera has a macro mode take a picture using that. It does look like a rock flower in that the center around the mouth and out towards the edges has no tentacles. But again would like to see a closer picture.

bonerac

sorry it took so long to get back had to work today hope these two pictures help out. and this is his new spot at night he retracks all the way into the cave so you can barley see him. thanks spanko

mr.clownfish

the first pic at the top of the thread looked like a rock anemone to me too. with this closer pic, it is actually a green bubble tip.