Anemone ID?

azfishgal

This was on another thread and I was just wondering what kind of anemone it is. It belongs to jonfletch01 and he's had it for about a month, his friend had it for about 7 months. Jon said he doesn't feed it anything special, clowns bring food to it and seems to be very easy to take care of. I'd like to track one down for my tank if possible. So, what's the name? Any idea?

azfishgal

Originally Posted by jonfletch01
hey look... that's my tank...

I have no idea... I've heard LTA and RBTA...

azfishgal

hey look... that's my tank...

I have no idea... I've heard LTA and RBTA...
What's LTA stand for? Long Tentacle Anemone?

RBTA?
(Quoted the wrong person twice, sorry, but same question applies.)

jonfletch01

Originally Posted by azfishgal
What's LTA stand for? Long Tentacle Anemone?

RBTA?
(Quoted the wrong person twice, sorry, but same question applies.)

RBTA stands for red bubble tip anem... I think... either red or rose...
and thx everyone...

azfishgal

RBTA stands for red bubble tip anem... I think... either red or rose...
and thx everyone...
Doesn't look like a BTA, but I've been told that some BTAs end up not having bubble tips. Maybe you can just mail me your anemone.

jonfletch01

Originally Posted by azfishgal
Doesn't look like a BTA, but I've been told that some BTAs end up not having bubble tips. Maybe you can just mail me your anemone.

well if it is a BTA and it happens to split... I'll send you one... but like I said... I don't know what it is... as you can see.. some say LTA others BTA...

J

jamparty

BTA's aren't always bubbles...they can get slimmed down as well - usually when they're hunting they become long and slim
but that is not a Rose Tip
Like others have stated, I believe it's a LTA - very nice

azfishgal

Originally Posted by cripps72
Looks like the purple LTA, I know those run around 75.00 around here. If that is what it is.
I'd pay that much for one. I've decided I won't get an anemone until I find one like this one. It's beautiful! Time to start the hunt.

azfishgal

I found this on the internet and it seems to be very close to Johns anemone. They call it a Rose Anemone, Rose Bulb Anemone, or Rose Bubble Anemone. What do you think, same thing?

grabbitt

That thing doesn't look like an RBTA to me...
I'd say its a LTA, if anything.... Beautiful creature, either way