Anemone in a 50gal

fishstix

are their anyone anemones that are ok in a 50 w/corals/clams? Any help would be greatly appreciated

T

thomas712

Safe? Depends on how much walking around it winds up doing. Also depends on available lighting. Would there be a clownfish instore for this anemone as well. If so then let me know what type of clown.
Chances are I'll still answer a tank raised BTA, Bubble Tip Anemone.
Thomas

fishking

yeah wut thomas said, most anenomes need strong lighting needs and if the start to walk, it can be disatorus(cant spell)

fishstix

im getting a 400watt MH light in a couple days and the clowns would betru perculas or ocellaris.
One more? can you keep moe than one diffrent species of clowns togather if you added them at the same time?:happyfish

T

thomas712

Originally posted by fishstix
Can you keep more than one diffrent species of clowns togather if you added them at the same time?:happyfish

I have tried that with Maroon clowns and others way back when I was even dumber than I am now, I wound up with dead clowns, the maroon having killed all newcomers. Might be alright with lets say one true and one false percs. But I would not mix maroons with anything but another maroon at the same time.
Thomas

fishman830

i think you can add them.. even at seperate times, i had a clarkii clownfish, then 3 days later 2 false percula's

nm reef

Mixing clown species is often fatal! Clowns as a rule are very territorial and will fight with different species...even in very large systems its not a good idea to mix species...and from what I understand maroons can be very aggressive.