anemone in powerhead

rtrtlm

My bta got caught in a small powerhead for about 30 minutes. There was a small haze around the area where he got stuck. I have removed him from the powerhead and he has moved a little from where I placed him. I tested the water and the ammonia level is still at 0. Any suggestions on what to do? The white in the pic is flesh, not a discharge.

harndog

my lta did it and i wrote him off my wife talked me into floating him in a bag for the night he opened up a little so i placed him back in tank almost a year later he has regrown all tentacles and is very happy. just keep checking water and watch for him to start melting. Most likley be ok.

O

oreo12

Keep your eyes on it and if it starts looking like it is about to die get it out of the tank and into some type of qt maybe a tote you use to mix your salt up in. Maybe you could get some water made up just in case.

dexter

very sad.
but the lil guy couldn't find a spot to put his foot in the 100 and when I canme home from work one day he was 1/2 in the intake of my closed loop. Soon as I opened the canoppy to get him he went in and then came out...in pieces... :mad:
It was like he was watching me... :notsure: Hit twin however is doing Great in the 100 with his maroon clown friend. I believe the 440 vho vs. the 90 PC is benefiting him nicely.

Best advise i can give is watch him closely ove rthe next few days and get a spongy cover for your intakes

Dxtr

rtrtlm

I had covered my powerhead and intake before placing him in the tank. I had a small PH with the intake on the back that I had suctioned to the glass. Never would have thought a bta could have got in it. Just goes to show anything can happen. Thanks for the help and suggestions. From the other threads I have read it seems there is a high success rate of recovery. knock on wood. I will try to post pics as the bta recovers.