anemone kalk burn...HELP

J

jacob_poly

Hi,
Yesterday, I was in the process of killing some aptasia in my tank with kalk and hot water. During the application a little kalk folated to my LTA and settled on it. I didn't think much of it then but this morning it had a sac kinda of a bulb at that spot on its body. Its almost like a centimeter in diameter. My LTA is pretty huge and about 7 inches across. Is this anything to worry about? Will it just go away. I just fed the anemone and it ate without any problems. I am going out of town in a few hours until Sunday. Any idea if this is jus the beginning of something worse to happen in my absence? Will the anemone start dying? Any ideas? Please advice in the next couple of hours.
Thanks,
Jake.

J

jacob_poly

Here are some not so clear pics of the sac...heres a closeup

J

jacob_poly

Heres the pic of the LTA as a whole....looking normal but is that deceptive?

sponge

:D
I kalked one of my carpet A's once, It took a little while but he healed up fine. It is a caustic substance so I guess that it does some tissue damage when it hits them but they regenerate the damaged tissue. For anisp try that Joes Juice, it works pretty well and doesn't hurt anything else.

J

jacob_poly

Thanks...my anemone was doing good when I got back and no longer had the burn either...here is a picture of it today.....