Anemone placement

sldrdvm

I was just wondering, I have a bubble tip anemone, and it's doing fine. But, I put in onto the rock I wanted it to stay on (right on top with moderate flow, good lighting) when I first got it about 2 weeks ago. It promptly started "walking" off the back side of said rock, and by the next day had squeezed through to the front side of that rock. That's where it is today.
Anybody know of any way to keep anemones where you want them? My anemone is doing fine where it is, but it doesn't do much for the look of my reef.

flower

Originally Posted by sldrdvm
http:///forum/post/3009617
I was just wondering, I have a bubble tip anemone, and it's doing fine. But, I put in onto the rock I wanted it to stay on (right on top with moderate flow, good lighting) when I first got it about 2 weeks ago. It promptly started "walking" off the back side of said rock, and by the next day had squeezed through to the front side of that rock. That's where it is today.
Anybody know of any way to keep anemones where you want them? My anemone is doing fine where it is, but it doesn't do much for the look of my reef.

Anemones go where they want to go. At least it didn't try and commit sushi by getting into the power head. I hope you have them covered.

sldrdvm

All my powerheads are covered.
By the way, I love sushi. (hope that doesn't offend anyone on here)

flower

Originally Posted by sldrdvm
http:///forum/post/3009625
All my powerheads are covered.
By the way, I love sushi. (hope that doesn't offend anyone on here)
Mine are covered and still my anemone tried to kill itself on them. He finally set up house right in the middle of the tank, so perfect it looks like I placed it there.
To be honest I think they follow the water flow. I have my power heads set up to create a circle of current One large power head facing the back of the tank over the rock and the other large one facing the front of the tank flowing over the rock, I also have one small #2, facing my cave to prevent any dead spots.
A flow bar in the back and one pipe from my canister working like a power head pointed in the center of the tank.
The resulting flow I think caused the anemone to settle right in the center of the tank. So you might try changing the flow to get him to find a better place.