lubeck

amon. .25
trate 0
trite 0
sg. 1.025
ph 8.1
temp 80.8
I ran out of calcium #3 drops but it usually stays steady at 400
I don't know why i cant get may amon down to 0. I do 10-20% water changes weekly.
I did have alot of changes in the end of December.
I changed
cc to ls
introduced 650w of mh lighting
added 2200 gph of flow
I don't what i am doing wrong, I had a huge algae outbreak and its getting under control now but still can't get my amon. down please help

nemo's mom

Mine looks like this a lot. A day later it will be back to normal but usually it's my first indicator that something is too high such as Alkalinity or the PH is too low...Have you tried a water change? That usually perks mine right back up...

lubeck

No I have not done that yet. I just want to knwo whats wrong with the anemone, I don't know if it has a parisite or something

lubeck

I know how they shrivel, look at the base of the anemone and it has a hole on the bottom of it

nemo's mom

I just checked mine to see if it has something similar...mine looks worse that your right now. How long do you keep your lights on? I really suggest a water change and then check it after a couple of hours. I assure you it will look better

T

thomas712

This is a pretty severe shrinkage, I'll also point out that the pic shows a significant loss of zooxanthellae, least that's what it looks like to me.
I would check your water source, run some fresh carbon (fill er right up) for 2 days and a polyfilter if possible.
There are several things that can cause shrinkage like this. Chemistry off is one, copper, temp spikes, pH swings, heater problems, getting hit directly with buffer, possibly even another coral or anemone. I've seen similar events when the ammonia spikes.
Check your filters for buildup, skimmer for output, make sure the heater isn't going wacky, if glass heater check for condensation inside the glass, and check the wires and seals going into the heater.
Keep me posted
Thomas

lubeck

Should I put him in a seperate container for now??
I do clean my filter out everyother day. the skimmer.
I just took out my reef carbon after being in there for three days. thats what Kent said to do. Should I put more in?????
I have had consistent temps for a few weeks now.
I have a new titanium heater.
what is( fill er right up) lots of carbon
I don't put any buffer in just weekly water changes, actually every 4-6 days.
Please help should i pitch it or put it in a bucket for now.
I am going to go the zoo right now to look at the rainforest I will be back.

lubeck

Its doing good or Ok. Its somewhat inflated about 20% better color. did a water change and have been feeding it everyday until its healthy

nemo's mom

So glad to hear it. I know mine has scared the heck out of me a few times and a waterchange always does wonders for mine!

lubeck

Well, I noticed it the night before I made this post. Now, the tenicles are extended but not nearly 100%. I hope it recovers fully. I understand they shrivell but i am more concered with the HOLE in the bottom of it.
My other anemone, which is a Carpet anemone, is doing extremely well and thriving. So I don't think its the quality of the water. I am haveing issues with water temp, but think i have it under control.