anemone problems

First off... My anemone moved to the back of my tank and the bottom. So now i cant see it......
Second my clown wont make a nice home in my anemone. Its a purple tipped anemone? whats up with that

fau8

iT TAKES TIME BEFORE A CLOWN WILL HOST. SOME DO RIGHT AWAY OTHER MONTHS. ALSO ANENOMIES TEND TO ROAM TILL THEY FIND A PLACE THEY LIKE. YOU CAN KEEP MOVING IT AROUND TILL IT PLANTS ITS SELF BUT BE PATIENT.

Most clowns won't host with a purple tip Condi. Did u get it at *****?
If u got the Condi.... The will sting your other corals as well. Be careful with that thing

errattiq

do you have metal halides? or powerful t5's or vho's? you definitely need those tho even keep an anemone, in addition a purple tip condylactis anemone isnt a natural home for a false/true percula or ocellaris clown. You are better off with a bubble tip anemone...

oceansidefish

Agreed a condy is not going to attract a clown...Also they are not always very healthy, what is your tank set up like???

naclh2o nut

As far as moving it. Give up they will go where they want. Mine has been in 70% of the holes in the rocks of my 90 gal. I start to think it is happy and wake up to a new tank. This is the longest it has been in one spot. It is about 10" from where I put the stupid thing 2 months ago.