Anemone propagation for Profit

reeftanklover

I recently got a GBTA at ***** for 20$ on sale. I didn't really get a good look at it in the store but I decided to get it anyways because I also got my carpet from there and he is doing great. When I got the GBTA home I put it in the tank and it opened up right away and then my clownfish started to harass him. I then put him in my sump with an LED. I've decided I am going to try to make back what I bought him for by selling clones of him. I know how to cut them in half and all of that I was just wondering how long I should wait before I first cut him up. He has been in there for a week and I feed him everyother day and he has already started to grow. I need help any suggestions? I heard 3-4 weeks

reeftanklover

Well I cut the GBTA In half 2 weeks ago and everything was going great for about 2 weeks. Then one decided to cut it's self in half going over an over flow with a screen on it and now I'm not sure if that one will make it but the other half is still doing amazing. So there were 3 ????

flower

Hi, welcome to the site...

You have to be the first person I ever seen who didn't want their clown fish to wallow in the anemone, instead of calling it hosting, considered it to be harassing it. As for cutting the poor critter up...I guess you can do whatever you want with it. As with all anemones, cover the power heads and intake tubes. They have no eyes and just follow the water flow...often they release toxins as they die and poison the entire tank.

reeftanklover

I only consider it harassment because it is harder for the anemone to heal when a clownfish or pair of clownfish keep swimming in and out off it. As for the dangers of the overflow I put up a smaller screen so one will not be able to walk into it again. The one that split it's self is still alive and even if it does die I'm running a lot of charcoal incase it dies so I think the tank will be fine.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeftanklover http:///t/396303/anemone-propagation-for-profit#post_3532428
I only consider it harassment because it is harder for the anemone to heal when a clownfish or pair of clownfish keep swimming in and out off it. As for the dangers of the overflow I put up a smaller screen so one will not be able to walk into it again. The one that split it's self is still alive and even if it does die I'm running a lot of charcoal incase it dies so I think the tank will be fine.

You should be fine as long as the suicide methods are covered, I personally don't deal with beautiful fish eaters anymore. I just thought it was amusing that you didn't want the clowns to wallow in them, that's a first for me.

reeftanklover

So I lost one of the anemones last night. It did not look to good and then it turned into a ball of slime so I flushed it. But the good news is that the bigger one is doing great and craving food and the other half of the suicide anemone is doing amazing as well so my hopes are still up. ????