Anemone Question

sea_squirt

I introduced a BT anemone and maroon clownfish to my 92 gallon bowfront corner tank..Everything is great...both are doing wonderful...but when I first placed them in the tank...the anemone wedged himself on the backside of the reef...instead of the front...my clown peeks out to let me know she's there...but is there any way I can get the anemone to the front of the tank where I can SEE them...lol...he has never even tried it...lol...I can see him if I get close and look at the reflection and I know he is doing fine...I would just like to watch them more...any suggestions..? :notsure:

B

big fish

Once he gets use to the tank he will probley move again and hopfuley he will move to where you can see him. My bta did the same thing when i put him in my tank and he finley moved up to the fornt of the tank.

T

thomas712

I swear almost all BTA's will do this just to piss us off, but that is typical behavior of an new BTA. Give it up to 2 weeks and if he hasn't moved by then you may have to rearrange your rock work.
Thomas

sea_squirt

Ok......I rearranged the rocks
My BT never left the rock he was hiding on....now he is closer to the front....boy is he pissed.....I am assuming that if he is not happy, he will move wont he?? after I moved him he went to 1/4 his size and I believe he is pouting...

Any suggestions??? All water parameters are great....although my maroon clownfish is none too happy....

T

thomas712

Well he could be responding to a lighting issue, an acclimation issue, water movment issue, water quality issue.
Heck maybe it just has issues. Give it time it will find a place that it likes.
Thomas