Anemone question

wla1610

Thanks again Thomas. I knew any undigested would get excreted. So far I haven't seen it do that at all this past week. I need to get some better food though. All I have is mysis shrimp and brine shrimp. I keep seeing that people feed them silverslides so I'll have to find some and try those out.

milomlo

I read on a thread that Silverslides were not good because the anemone can't digest the bones. Is this right?

L

lbaskball

Originally Posted by Thomas712
Well it simply might not be able to accept the food, because it's lost its stickiness. Hmm Perhaps Unleashed may have something here., sorry side thought!
Yes it is possible to overfeed, when this happens the anemone has to excrete the unused portion or simply allows the food to fall from its tentacles. The wasted food could become a water quality problem.
As long as its got the ability to stick don't question it.
Thomas

Thomas,
Is 82degrees too hot for a bubble tip anemone?

waterpolo

Originally Posted by lbaskball
Thomas,
Is 82degrees too hot for a bubble tip anemone?
I would say that's pushing it. I would go with 80. 82 might stress it out a little bit.

T

thomas712

82 is not to high, but I personally would not like to go higher than that.. I run my reef 80-82.

waterpolo

Originally Posted by Thomas712
82 is not to high, but I personally would not like to go higher than that.. I run my reef 80-82.
He is more experience than I so go with his advice. See, I just learned something new also!

T

thomas712

After you run out of it don't purchase any more. Stick with mysis or frozen plankton as they are much better. Brine of course is almost worthless.
Thomas

wla1610

Thats why I'm not feeding them to the fish. I found out about the lack of nutrition a while back. I also have a marine cuisine as well.
I also ordered a Current USA Sunpod. 2 150W HQI 14k MH lights and 18 white&blue moonlights. Not a bad price. I'll have it on my doorstep for $450 flat after taxes etc. Time for some more fun with the tank when it gets here :)

wla1610

Yeah, I'm happy to finally get a MH setup. I'll build some sort of half canopy this weekend to set it about 6-8 inches off the top of my tank. Should be a fun weekend doing that.

waterpolo

Originally Posted by WLA1610
Yeah, I'm happy to finally get a MH setup. I'll build some sort of half canopy this weekend to set it about 6-8 inches off the top of my tank. Should be a fun weekend doing that.
Take some pics after your done.

unleashed

i feed my anenome phlankton mysis chopped squid very tiny almost minced krill.but i also feeed daily cyclopseze (liquid life) works the best.my anenome is accually eating thera+A food pellets made by spectrum now oddly enough as it seams but my clowns accually give them to it. remeber my sebae thomas here is a more recent pic taken about 3 weeks ago and hes still getting larger b4 and after pics since feeding changes first pic is after 8 months of force feeding diet and it still prefers the top of the rocks in the path of the hydroflow return head

waterpolo

Originally Posted by unleashed
i feed my anenome phlankton mysis chopped squid very tiny almost minced krill.but i also feeed daily cyclopseze (liquid life) works the best.my anenome is accually eating thera+A food pellets made by spectrum now oddly enough as it seams but my clowns accually give them to it. remeber my sebae thomas here is a more recent pic taken about 3 weeks ago and hes still getting larger b4 and after pics since feeding changes first pic is after 8 months of force feeding diet and it still prefers the top of the rocks in the path of the hydroflow return head
nice