Anemone settled behind the rocks ...HELP!

blueram

I purchased a Green Bubble Tip Anemone few weeks ago from another reefer. It is a nice looking GBTA but the problem is that it has settled behind the rocks. It has been there for a couple of weeks now and it does not look like it is going to move any time soon. I wonder if there is something I can do to encourage it to search for a different spot in the tank. I don't think that the GBTA is getting enough light or food as it is impossible for me to reach it. It looks healthy but am afraid that it will slowly die as it is not getting any food. I think I read somewhere that If I put a powerhead close to the GBTA the flow will force the GBTA to move. I guess I'll try to pst some pics later...........
Any advice is welcome

Here are some pics!

blueram

Thanks guys but am not sure if this thread is useful for me. My tank has been set up for a while and I do have proper lighting, 2X150 HQI + 2X39 T5's. The Anemone moved all over the tank since day 1 and then after a couple of weeks of moving it settled behind the rocks.

skipperdz

blow a powerhead at him for like 5-10 minutes...he wont move right away but he wont be there tomorrow

blueram

Originally Posted by skipperdz
blow a powerhead at him for like 5-10 minutes...he wont move right away but he wont be there tomorrow
A few people have suggested the same thing so am going to try that tomorrow. Wish me good luck!!!

S

smartorl

You may want to move a rock or two to provide him a "quiet" place still in light but out of direct currents. It could be that there is too much current to his liking. I had a similar thing happen and by redirecting a ph was able to come up with a solution that he and I could both live with.

blueram

Originally Posted by skipperdz

I followed your advice today...let's hope that tomorrow when I wake up the Anemone has moved to a different area in the tank.