anemone splitting

My anemones always have kind of a ritual they do before they split. About once a week for a few weeks they shrink up real small and look withered and sick for a few hours, then go back to normal. After a few weeks(depends on feeding and happiness), they tear themselves in half. Then there are 2 anemones.
Mine usually get very large in size before they split. About 10" or more sometimes.
This is not to say that because your anemone looks sick that it is splitting. You should always watch it's behavior to see if it improves, and what changes happen.
This is before.

slosurfer

thanks because my is pretty big right now but lately it's been shrinking up and then it goes back to its normal size. The water readings have been fine so I think it may be splitting

FrozenIce: No it's a powder brown, but he's being aggresive. When he gets aggresive he turns a slate grey almost black color and his yellow seems brighter.
Slosurfer: Yeah, I would say that's a logical assumption. One of mine is getting ready to split again.

slosurfer

Giraffemaster or anyone else: what state is the anemone in while it splits, the full size or when its shriveled?