Anemone staying closed up..

Shine

I’ve had this anemone for a little ove a month now and only fed it once ... my parameters are on point and water is at 76 degrees... I have two kessil tuna blue 80 on top of a 65 gallon tank ... it stays balled up most of the time in the back of the tank ... new to this hobby , only been doing it for a little over a year now .. any help would be appreciated
7EACF3F4-8048-4CE4-A8FB-5212E932DA17.jpeg

Verdugo88

I have the same problem, but mine has been like this around 4 months and don't open. I included a picture of how it is right now. The tank has more than 2 years and all other corals are very healthy. This happened when the clowns started to have eggs. Please any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

Last edited:

lmforbis

Anemones need very intense light. More than most every other invert. Your nem is slowly dying because it isn’t getting adequate light to support the symbiotic algae in its tissue. That algae is the source of most of the anemones nutrition.

Verdugo88

Anemones need very intense light. More than most every other invert. Your nem is slowly dying because it isn’t getting adequate light to support the symbiotic algae in its tissue. That algae is the source of most of the anemones nutrition.
What would be an adequate light for it??

lmforbis

It depends on the size tank. I have a 120 with 4 Kessil 360s and it isn’t enough light for a nem

Verdugo88

I have a 90 gal, I will have to check the specs on my lights, but my friend has the same lights and his nems are doing great. This one did great for like 6 months, she got like that when the clowns started to have eggs and were not looking for her.