Anemone time!

T

thomas712

Originally Posted by mrdc
Sorry I highjacked this thread but I have an anemone now so I wanted to get some advice too. My bubble tip was still under the ledge this morning but I expect it to move when the light come one. I hope it doesn't bulldozer my other corals since I won't be there to keep an eye on it. I have 2 250w halides and 2 65w CF and 2 65w CF actinics. As soon as I go to running my halides all day, I will switch to 4 65w actinics. My current time is 7 hours on the halides, 2 hours on the CFs and 9 hours on the actinincs. Do you think this will be enough light?

Mrdc ~ this is a bit confusing, please start a new thread for your anemone and I'll be happy to try to help.
No that doesn't sound like its too much light at all. If the MH is new then you might want to back it off to 4 hours and then work your way up 1/2 hour per week to help prevent algae problems that are common with upgrading lighting.
Thomas

fraggle_a

Originally Posted by PClown
If it is a LTA, it wont climb on the rock it will sit in the sand and slowly die because of lack of light. It does not happen over night.
Please, just tell us what kind light and how many watts you have? Why not tell us?
There are people who have been doing this for years and years and they know what they are talking about. You asked the questions but then dont want to except any help.
Actualy my question was about feeding.
But whats the LTA?
I belive its a either a 50w or 75w 18k with a mirrored reflector. (i cant remeber the watts, ill get confused with the 8k) On of em is 50w the other is 75w. I have the 50/50 in right now. So at the weekend Ill have a combined 125w output with a fairly broad spectrum.
Then in a few weeks or so, Ill have my compact running a 50/50 and something else. Then the older mirrored hood will have a moonlamp in it running on a sepperate timer.
In its position now, the tank actualy get about 1.5 hours of direct sunlight. But, later on when I upgrade (next year probably) it will be positioned in a corner that gets very little ambient light, so Ill definatly need to kick up my lights a little. LOL.
The tank is wide. I am not a big fan of the taller tanks because i like to see my fishies swiming about.

mrdc

Originally Posted by Fraggle_a
But whats the LTA?
Long Tentacle Anemone

pclown

Originally Posted by Fraggle_a
I looked back and your question is about feeding. LOL
I dont mean to sound like a jerk, I come off a little straight forward and in writing it can sound even worse.
LTA's are one of the easier ones and not the most light demanding as some but does require alot of light. Thomas is the anemone expert and I would do whatever he recommends.

fraggle_a

Hehe. My new PC hood arrived.
"Let there be light"
Or rather, 'more' light.
So, Ill use my old fluresent fixture for a 2 hour moonlight.