Anemone Want Stay Still

kissypice

okay i have a question AGAIN>>>why will my anemone not stay in one place i can not get him to attach to a certain place he wants to get in dark places what can i do with that roamer my clown fish havent taken to the anemone yet either how long does that usually take

veni vidi vici

Your anemone is going to go where it wants no matter what you would like or where you would like it to go.As far as your clown fish are concerned,they/it may never host your anemone.There is no guarantee,it may decide to host a powehead instead.

bulldog123

It will keep moving until it is happy. It will usually go to the light. Most BTA live high on your rocks(if I remember correct, mine does). If you water sucks and or your lighting its life span will be short lived. As I recall in your other post your system is very new and it is not likely it will make it. Good luck and keep asking!

oceansidefish

Since your tank is only 2 weeks old and you don't have sufficiant lighting you are likely going to loose the nem. If you can't take it back to the LFS see if they will hold your livestock for you for a few more weeks until you can get your tank up to speed. Or you can sell to a local reefer. It's just too much bio load too fast.

kissypice

Okay guys I went ahead and listened to everyone. The first thing i did was put that mean chocolate chip starfish in my sump im still hand feeding him so we will see how he does. I went to the lfs and bought a 48" Orbiit with two sixty-five watt sunpac dual actinic, two sixty five watt sunpaq dual daylight and four lunar lights so how is that. My anemone is under a rock which i figured he would go up to the light but he hasnt and yes my nemos are staying on the powerhead lol..Tank is ideal now, so maybe everything will survive going to put pics up later tonight hope you guys will stop by and compete or make suggestions.

kissypice

I'm going to take the pics with my professional camera so you guys can see how far it has come along, I am so excited today my lfs said i could add about ten more hermits but i want something bigger to use but that is all she suggested she also let me get a green open brain and a green polyps (any suggestions on how to properly feed them please let me know she explained some but i just want some more info on them.

jas1

Hi kissy. I'm kinda new to SW too so welcome
Both of my nem's moved around until they found a spot they like and have stayed put now for about a month now. But I have to agree with the other posts. I did not dare add an anemone until my tank had been WELL established for 90 days. That's after a 2 month "new cycle" So about 5 to 5 1/2 months B4 I dared put anything of "value" in it. I have 2 65 wt PC's for lighting and my soft corals and nem's are doing just fine

blenny

They do move allot ! i had one before i redid my tank. Unfortunately he found a power head intake
What a mess