anemone won't eat!

martinez12

Ok I have 3 anemones so far I got a 7'' carpet anemone, and two BTA's, I bought my carpet anemone on thursday from the lfs and bought my other 2 bta's on friday from another lfs. the carpet won't eat and just pushes the shrimp over! and my other two bta's won't eat, and they moved under a rock! does anyone know what's wrong with them?

mlr492

Originally Posted by MARTINEZ12
http:///forum/post/2802293
Ok I have 3 anemones so far I got a 7'' carpet anemone, and two BTA's, I bought my carpet anemone on thursday from the lfs and bought my other 2 bta's on friday from another lfs. the carpet won't eat and just pushes the shrimp over! and my other two bta's won't eat, and they moved under a rock! does anyone know what's wrong with them?
Pictures? I wouldn't worry about too much yet

invertcrazy

I wouldn't worry about them eating. They are still probably settling into your tank. I am assuming you have a large enough tank to house a carpet and two bta's without any issues. Also your tank is up and running for 6 to 8 months and you have T5 or Mh lighting??? With that being said unless your anemones are bleached, I wouldn't worry about feeding for a week or two as some people don't spot feed at all. If you decide to spot feed then once a week or once every 10 days should be ok. They get 90% of their food from the lights, this is why your lighting is so important. Some carpets are known to be fish eaters and they do get big so keep an eye on your fish.
just my .02 I'm sure someone else will chime in with their thoughts and advice.