anemone?

dockery07

I have a 5" clarkie or maybe a seabae who knows. Anyhow he is trying to "nest" in my colt coral. Should I get him an anemone. He is spastic. I had a pink tip and he loved it. It had a issue when we were on vacation. Anyhow I am trying to decide if I should replace it and if so with what?

tigershark

I've heard that clowns will use various corals such as xenia as a host. I think as long as it is a hardy coral like xenia and it can withstand the clowns playing in them, it should be ok. I just got my clowns and was thinking about an anemone but the kind I want are pretty hard to keep. So I was going to try getting some xenia and see if my clowns will take home in them instead.

buzz

The problem with introducing an anemone into a tank with corals is that it will move to find a good spot for itself. It may hit your corals, which may sting it, or vice versa, resulting in the possible death of one or the other.
Anemones need good lighting, and meaty foods, but prior to getting one, you need to find out what kind of clown you have. This is very important, because not all clowns are compatible with all anemones.
Also, even if all of that is taken care of, you are still taking a chance in that there is no guarantee that your clown will actually take to the anemone. Some do not.
I am all for anemones - have a nice BTA myself. There are just a lot of factors to consider.

dockery07

I guess i need to decide. He was sold to me as a clarkie who was about the size of a nickle when I got him 2 years ago. I dont have too much in the way of corals. If I could get the blasted fish out then I could put him in another tank. I have about 500watts of light.