Anemone?????

lanee

My mother-in-law has a 200 gallon tank that has been up and running for about 9 months now. She has 1 Gold-striped Maroon Clown, 2 White-Striped maroon clowns, 2 Percula clowns, 1 diamond Goby, 1 Scooter Blenny, 1 Lawnmower Blenny, 1 Domino Damsel, 1 Yellow-Tail Damsel, 1 3-stripe Damsel, 1 4-stripe Damsel, 1 Black & Gold Chromis, a couple of shrimp, some crabs, snails, a chocolate chip starfish, and a tiger cucumber (Sheesh...I think I got everything). Anyway...her question is concerning Anemone. She's wondering if she is able to get an anemone with all these different types of fish. If so...which would be the best to get, etc. Thanks!

T

tattooedlife

We need more information on your Filtration(What type of filters, skimmer, power heads) and what type of lighting you have.Anemones need a lot of strong light to live.

lanee

She has a Berlin "XL" protein skimmer (I think that's what it's called)...it's for like up to 400 gallons. She has a Model 300 APA Wet/Dry filtration system, along with about 400-420 lbs. of Live Rock. As for her lighting...I know she spent like $600 on her lighting system. I know that it's metal halide...but don't know the specifics. I'm pretty sure that the lighting is not a problem...and if not good enough, she'll upgrade. Hope this helps.