Anemones and clowns

S

sykomagnet

he might NEVER host it... he might right away. Depends how he feels

S

scighera

it is really rare for a clown to host a pink tip.
my crab likes it though

murph

anemones in general are hopeless balls of high maintenance slime that you will quickly grow tired of.

Those that breed clowns do not use anemones. They will host with and set up breeding shop with corals. A much easier proposition indeed.

mudplayerx

Originally Posted by Murph
anemones in general are hopeless balls of high maintenance slime that you will quickly grow tired of.

Those that breed clowns do not use anemones. They will host with and set up breeding shop with corals. A much easier proposition indeed.
AMEN. They move aroudn your tank stinging/getting stung by everything. They stress you out all the time by shriveling up, then looking perfect the next day. They puke that maroon gunk up after you feed them. etc etc etc
plus they live in your tank a tiny fraction of what they would in the wild :p
MY OPINIONS

hagfish

While it is rare for a maroon to live in a pink tip, mine does it. And he took to it within a week of my buying the anemone.

soo high

yea thats what i thought so i put him on the highest rock so more light can get to him but i will get a mh next week for sure and i guess make the other tank into a snake pit :)

C

civileng68

Originally Posted by SoO High
i added my Pink Tip Anemone yesterday and how long till i wait for my maroon to host it??

Just FYI, I was thinking my anemone would never host my clown, because for the first four months that I had both, the clown stayed on one side of the tank and the anemone on the other. Just this week they have bonded BIG TIME and the clown is really taking to the anemone. However, the anemone has grown a great deal too so size may have something to do with it.

soo high

ok got a big problem my Anemone has move under one of my rocks and it looks like he getting shade not light hmm what do i do

1journeyman

Anemones are very difficult, as has been said many times.
You can't "place" an anemone where you want it. They have a mind of their own. They sometimes stay in place, but often times not. That is especially true of Pink Tips.
The best thing you can do is leave it alone. If it dies, don't replace it. Anemones are far too little researched and understood. For instance, the Pink Tip is from the Caribbean. Clown fish are from the Pacific. There is a good chance clowns will never "host" it. Some species of damsels (same family as clowns) are also known to host anemones (I've seen Caribbean damsels in anemones while scuba diving). Again, though, it's far from a sure thing.

mudplayerx

Originally Posted by kaseykagan
What does an anemone look like when its dying :thinking:
It starts disintegrating.