anemones

ricktheman

I was curious what anemones are the hardest and which are the easiest to care for if know any please tell me cause i want to put one in for my clowns but i don't want it to kill my other fish ihave 1 tang 5 clowns and 2 damsels the fish are small though
if any reply thank you,
ricktheman :notsure:

mr. tuna

The hardiest anenome is a hatian anenome, but for your clowns.. it would be a BTA, though they are not That hardy,
but they are one of the easiest to care for.

viper_930

but for your clowns.. it would be a BTA, though they are not That hardy
Huh? I would have to disagree on that one. I have never heard anybody say anything like that. I have always heard that BTAs are the, if not tied for, the hardiest anemone on the market.

mr. tuna

i meant that they ARE hardy, though they are not the
hardiest. They need a larger intensity of light than a hatian.

bang guy

Mojano is probably the easiest to care for but they are just a pest IMO.
The easiest hosting anemone would the the Hatian but most clowns won't use them. A propogated Rose Bubble Tip is probably your best bet.
fyi - In my opinion you need to remove 3 of your clowns.

bang guy

I recently discovered that Ocellaris readily use Tulip Anemone as a host and those are even easier to keep than Mojano (because they are easy to move around).

T

thomas712

Not that I'm the brightest bulb on the circut but did any of you think to ask what type of clownfish that ricktheman has so that you can make a proper suggestion as to what type of anemone he might need? :confused: :thinking:
Rick what type of clownfish do you have?
Also what is your current lighting?
These two factors will help us give you the right info so that you can choose the correct anemone for you.
Thomas

moraym

I have a couple LTAs that have lived forever with very basic lighting and current, feeding krill and silversides.
They're in what has essentially become my QT tank, just a few inverts and a couple anemones, and they've always done well through multiple different flucuations and changes. At one point my nitrates were off the scale, over 160ppm, for a few months (never leave your tanks in someone else's care when on business). And yet they were still full, and had grown, upon my return.

T

thomas712

BTA =Bubble tip anemone

RBTA = Rose/Red Bubble tip anemone.
LTA = Long Tentical Anemone