Anemone's

trigger111

How many Anemone's can I have in a tank? I have a 75 gallon tank....also I'm having trouble getting my clown's to go in them. Any suggestion on the right anenome for a tomato or percula?

T

thomas712

Just so I can get things straight, what type of clownfish do you have? A tomato and a true perc?
Also what type of anemones do you currently have?
I would personally recommend only one species of anemone per tank. I started out with a BTA- Bubble Tip Anemone, through many clones of itself I have over a dozen now, all in the same tank, several have built a colony on one rock.
If you mix the species there is a chance that they will sting each other if they were to make contact. Many have however sucessfully kept a rock dwelling one and then a sand dwelling one together.
Mixing species of clownfish together is also a very dicey thing. At the most I would only try to keep a pair of one species together.
There is a pretty good list in the sticky at the top of this forum that will list what most common clownfish will take to the host anemone. In most cases I recommend tank raised BTA's.
Thomas

trigger111

A tomato and a true perc....the anemone that I have is an African Yellow(at least that's what it was called in the store) I was just interested because I wanted to get more.