Anemones

wareagle

I am curious as well. About a week ago I bought a bubble tip anonome and have not fed it yet. What and how do you feed them?

speg

A variety of foods will end up showing you the best results. Aside from their planktonic needs, its good to feed them larger meaty foods as well.Shrimp/fish/squid/just about anything that is 'fresh seafood' will do just fine.
I feed silversides
and frozen shrimp
to mine.
A example of feeding silversides
-
Take a full silverside
out of the freezer. Thaw it by running warm water over it for a few seconds. Cut the silverside
into small chunks (quarter inch pieces usually work well). Then just sprinkle the chunks over top of the anemone and it will grab them and pull them into its mouth.
Feed them about every 3-4 days.

speg

Ask if they can start purchasing them. If they cant then you can order them from online dealers.

speg

Originally Posted by WhiteFish
How hard is it to take care of anemone?
Anyone can 'buy' a anemone... but keeping one alive for longer than a few months require a good deal of knowledge on them. So as far as how hard they are to care for.. I would only attempt one if you are sure you know a lot about them. Make sure your tank is established very well. The longer you wait the better you'll be.

sommergurl

Is the silverside just for carpet anemones? What do you feed condi's - long tentacled ones?
I bought two on Saturday and one looks so healthy and robust and the other one is beginning to shrivel. I wonder if something stressed it or if it isn;t getting enough to eat.