Anemones

mscenter58

My lfs has pink tip anemone for about 10 bucks and i do have a false perc clown i was just wondering if the clown will host this kind on anemone if not what would be the best anemone and a resonable price!
Thanks

lmecher

Condylactis is not a host anemone. Occasionally a fish may choose to host in one but I would nto recomend them. If your first anemone, go with a bta. These are the least demanding and most forgiving of all the host anemones and most clowns will accept them. If you can find a split from another hobbiest would be less expensive than a LFS and usually healthier. Make sure you have proper conditions(excellent parameters) and lighting and don't buy a bleached one. Choose one with deep coloring whether it is green, red or brown no such thing as a healthy white bta and should not be opaque.

tnt0401

I have a question that may sound stupid. How ever if i don't ask I will never know. will my Condy anemone split on its own when it's ready or will it just get very large and take over my tank?

lmecher

I will be the first to admit when I don't know the answer and this is one of those times. I am unfamiliar with condy reproduction. Here is something I found on wetwebmedia concerning a condy that split, I have no idea how common it is for them to split in captivity but it does happen.
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/condyreprofaq.htm

tnt0401

just looked at the site. has some answers that i was looking for. now for the reading and education part.