Anenome? condi & bubble tip together?

B

blenne

I have a yellow ritteri anenome and both of the percula clowns love it, but one is winning the territory. The other clown competes for time with the host, but spends most of the time on the other side of the tank and his left fin is injured. He still eats and wiggles, but should I, could I get a condi and place it on the other side of the tank for him?
Started 2-4-2007, "our" 55 gallon tank with (2) powerheads, undergravel filter, Aqua Tech 30/60 power filter hanging on the back, full fluorescent light hood.
78 degrees, hydrometer reads 1.020 salinity, Instant Ocean OceanMaster test kit: alkalinity 10, ph 8.2, no amonia, nitrate 10, low range nitrite .2
Beginning Fish: (2) blue chromies, (2) three stripe blk/wh damsels, Kenya tree coral, and a chocolate chip starfish.
Fish added 2-22-07, (2) percula clownfish, (1) sailfin blackblenny atrosalarias fuscus, (1) yellow ritteri anemone, 8 snails.
25 pounds of live rock on a crushed coral bed.
Thanks for the input. :happyfish

ophiura

In general, this is not a good plan. The anemone will not stay where you put it, and in time, an all out war may break out.
The other significant risk - and it is a real risk - is that the dominant clown will decide that it wants BOTH anemones, making its territory the entire tank, and making life very bad indeed for the others.
I definitely do not recommend this. In addition, the condi is a caribbean anemone and not guaranteed to work as a host anemone.
I would suggest you remove the other clown to a QT, get him healthy, and find it a new home. This is a losing battle, IMO.

mandarin w

ophiura is right, Just because two clown are put in a tank together does not mean they will become a mated pair. The bigger one will become the female and more dominate. She will decide whether she likes the other clown and basically whether he will get to remain. If she doesn't like him, she will eventually kill him. The only way around this is if the tank is very, very large. We are talking around a 180 or so.
The same goes with the anemones. They will move through out the tank to a place they want to be. If both anemones decide they want to be in the same area, they will basically nuke each other. If this happens, Your tank is in big trouble, especially if your tank is on the smaller side. It is really only somewhat acceptable if the tank is fairly large, again something about 6 foot long. and at least 120 gallons.
And lastly, hope you don't take offence, I am not trying to bash you, but you are moving a bit too fast. Your tank hasn't even been up for a month, It isn't a good idea to add an anemone to any tank that is less than six months old. Your tank is less than four weeks old. It is really still trying to stablize. You already have more in there than you should.

B

blenne

all good input. I understand. Losing the anenome would be a costly learning lesson. I will not add anything else, besides live rock and a better light, and be happy with what I have.
If the clowns are basically getting along, should I just wait and see what plays out or try to find it a new home asap?