Anenome dying? Help!!

cross

First off, my lighting is not good enough, I know. It was under t-5 lighting until I had to return the tank I had. I bought this set up because it was cheap until I get my new JBJ 28 Gallon Nano Cube HQI Aquarium witch should be here in a few days. Anyway, I have 2 blk and white persula's that are hosting it and im wondering what is going on. It has been like this for almost 24 hours. Is it dying? Here is a pic of how it looks. Seems when the clowns pull away for a minute it wants to come out slowly...please help.

cross

I need to know if I have to pull this anemone out. I do not want to jeopardize everything in my tank....Anyone know??

perfectdark

Ok no alarm yet, its not dead, but it does look irritated. Most likley it is not responding well to your clowns attention to it. Its not uncommon for anemone fish to "love" their anemone to death, when the anemone is on the small side. Which yours looks like it is. If you can block your fish off from getting near it, I would advise that. Then see if its condition improves. HTH.

lexluethar

Originally Posted by PerfectDark
http:///forum/post/2627675
Ok no alarm yet, its not dead, but it does look irritated. Most likley it is not responding well to your clowns attention to it. Its not uncommon for anemone fish to "love" their anemone to death, when the anemone is on the small side. Which yours looks like it is. If you can block your fish off from getting near it, I would advise that. Then see if its condition improves. HTH.
+1
THe fact that the anemone comes 'out' after the clowns leave it alone is a sign that it is still alive. It looks healthy, just irritated. I agree with dark, but i think your either going to have to move the anemone within the next day or two, or more the fish to another tank until you get the new setup.

cross

Thank you. As of right now it looks alittle better. I think it may move tonight and maybe I wont have to move it. Well see what happens tomorrow. UPS says my tank will not be here till Thursday so I hope it will be ok till then.

cross

lol. the anemone looks a hell of alot better today. he moved this morning under the rock..

flip_floppin

I noticed mine looking shrunk down and the next day it was fine. The man i bought mine from told me they are like 90 some% water and do this to flush their system. Anyone heard this or does it sound like doo doo?
Tim

cross

These anemones are weird..last night it shrunk again and then came back huge and beautiful...I think it took a crap..lol.Then earlier in the day it let out a long stringy thing that eventually the stringy thing got stuck to my power head..Anyone know what that was?

perfectdark

Originally Posted by cross
http:///forum/post/2632345
These anemones are weird..last night it shrunk again and then came back huge and beautiful...I think it took a crap..lol.Then earlier in the day it let out a long stringy thing that eventually the stringy thing got stuck to my power head..Anyone know what that was?
Yep... Crap... LOL you got it. How often are you feeding and what are you feeding it?

cross

It is being fed by my clowns and when I feed my clowns. I feed my clowns omega one pellets with garlic and marinegro. I am awaiting for my nano with mh lighting and frozen foods.My tank should come on Thursday..When I ordered my clowns, this anemone came with my feather duster. I never ordered it so im learning as much as I can so I can keep it.

invertcrazy

You never said how big the tank is that your anemone is in or how big the anemone is when it is fully open. Lex and Dark hit the nail on the head, if your anemone is not big enough to host your clowns sometimes it gets irratated. Also anemones feed off of your lighting so its very important to have the correct lighting. they have one opening which serves as a mouth and a pooper so most of the time they deflate they are flushing their system.hth.

cross

Originally Posted by InvertCrazy
http:///forum/post/2632693
You never said how big the tank is that your anemone is in or how big the anemone is when it is fully open. Lex and Dark hit the nail on the head, if your anemone is not big enough to host your clowns sometimes it gets irratated. Also anemones feed off of your lighting so its very important to have the correct lighting. they have one opening which serves as a mouth and a pooper so most of the time they deflate they are flushing their system.hth.
The current tank size I have right now is 55 gallon.When the anemone is fully open it gets to be about 7 inches it looks. Can't be exact but it looks big enough for both clowns. It looks like it got bigger in the past week. Anyway, if you read above I am awaiting for my new 28 gallon nano with MH lighting witch should be here tomorrow. Man, that's gross, a mouth for eating and the same mouth for pooping?