Anenome Help

reef fool

My anemone was very happy and being well fed by my clownfish up until the day I was cleaning the crushed coral during a water change. He must of stressed out and he moved to the back of the tank ( no light). He has moved around quite a bit since, but he has only come to the front (well lit area) for about 2 days and has again moved under a rock near the back. He is still being fed by the clown, but he has lost his color. Any Help?

bethany

I have just bought my first anenomie and it kind of went throught the same thing. My lfs told me to add iodine and iron to the water as it pulls these nutrients from the water. I don't know why it would be hiding from the light. Maybe it just lost its grip from the rock and was pushed by the current?! That's what happened to mine. Sorry I couldn't be of much more help..but, I am also new to the anenomie thing!

jonthefb

how long have you had crushed coral as your substrate? if its been awhile without cleaning you could have possibly dislodged huge amounts of nitrates that were produced in the cc. i would do a water test, adn take the sample form the bottom of the tank. if things are outta whack, i would do a good sized water change, and then maybe look into ditching the cc!
good luck
jon

reef fool

My NO3 is low (2.5) and I would love to ditch the CC but am afraid to upset the tank to do it. he moved immediately.