Anenome Identity

kingspade

can you identify these? Green with pink/red tips, would like to know feeding, lighting and flow needs. thanx :notsure:

T

timer

i dont know what they are called, but they spread like glass anemones and hurt your corals

jdreef

Originally Posted by KingSpade
good, bad, ugly??
very bad get them out now that there is a little bit of them. i use pepermint shrimp , and they do a good job. "The Peppermint Shrimp is a very popular shrimp because of its desire to eat nuisance glass anemones (Aiptasia)" (saltwaterfish.com).
jorge

kdfrosty

IME experience Peppermint Shrimp will only eat smaller ones. You might consider injecting them with Joe's Jusice, or boiling water.

corally

Originally Posted by JDReef
very bad get them out now that there is a little bit of them. i use pepermint shrimp , and they do a good job. "The Peppermint Shrimp is a very popular shrimp because of its desire to eat nuisance glass anemones (Aiptasia)" (saltwaterfish.com).
jorge

My peppermint shrimp have never eaten any aiptasia, I've only had luck with joe's juice.

caillou

I'm betting Majano's, I've got them also and while I think mine are really nice looking I'm gonna nuke them in a week or two.

T

thomas712

This does not look like the Genus: Anthopleura Species: xanthogrammica type of anemone, its one that commonly gets exposed when the tide goes out. In looking at the pics, I'd have to say majano as well.
Thomas

dexter

I had the following Aptasia in my 30, check the size, and he was a bit bigger when I put 1 peppermint in the tank. Overnight, the Aptasia was gone! and I had one very happy Peppermint shrimp!