Anenome question

ms. fish

I bought a pink tip Haitian anemone about 3 weeks ago. When I bought it, it was all pure white with purple spots at the end of each of its tentacles. Now, the tentacles are turning a brownish color. It still looks pretty big and healthy, but I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong to make its color change so drastically. I did all of the tests and the water is perfect. Any advice?

bencc

Turning brown is a good sign. When you get anemones they are usually bleached out because they have not been under proper lighting. If you have good lighting in your tank they will regain there color. The brown color is actually an type of algae that lives inside the anemone.

microman2k

yep i had the exact same question a couple of days ago, i thought mine was unhealthy b/c it wasnt the light white tan i saw it when i got it, and in the LFS, but it actually means they are healthy! i like the lighter color better but a healthy anemone the best!:yes:

T

thomas712

I agree that this sounds like a good sign. It appears that your anemone is regainging its zooxanthellae, perhaps you could also feed it once a week to help it along.
Good luck with your anemone
Thomas