Anenome question

My bubble tip anenome appears healthy and beautiful when the lights are on but when it gets close to the time when the lights go off, it kind of shrivels up, droops, and it's tentacle appear stringy (drives my maroon clown nuts!)
Is this normal? The anenome has been in my tank for over a week now and I'm still getting used to its habits and behavior. I'm assuming this is normal because it stands upright and opens up full when the lights come on.
Thanks,
Miles

broncofish

Hey miles what kind of lights do you have, what are you test readings right now? Almost all anemones shrink up at night, and their tentacles can get stringy. Sounds pretty normal, but I would still check you ammo, trites,trates, and ph.

I have 130 watts of PC lighting - 10K daylight and 7100K actinic.
My test readings as of yesterday are:
PH: 8.3
Ammonia: 0
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates: 5ppm
CarsGirlsNFish, my gs maroon does the same thing. He is constantly trying to snuggle up into it at night - I wonder if he gets any sleep!
Miles

Yep, he's eating. He consumed a piece of squid on Monday. Haven't fed him directly since - didn't want to overfeed and I read that they only need to be fed a couple of times a week. Is that right?
Thanks for your input :)
I guess I just needed the reassurance.
Miles

xs0dap0px

i just got 2 haitian condy anenomes and they both shrink up the same way ................freaked me out at first but found out that it is a normal occurance